Friday, February 21, 2014

President's Day

Let me share some Kindergarten humor. I love teaching about the presidents. It is actually one of my favorite themes to teach. The kids love seeing portraits of Washington, Lincoln, and even Obama! Of course, they don't really get it. They don't understand that Washington and Lincoln are not alive anymore (although there is always that one kid that can tell you about what happened). They don't even really know what being a president really means. We talk about it. I read them two very good books about what being a president today would mean.

They get so excited talk about the White House and everything that a president does! One activity we do on President's Day is to make a picture of the white house. I use the printable from search.theeducationcenter.com.  We color our picture and put it all together. Then I call them back one-by-one and ask them what they would do if they were president. It never disappoints. Kids say the funniest things. I thought I would include my favorites from this year. Take a look:



Aren't they cute?! I love it! Happy President's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 09 10