Monday, June 17, 2013

Number Writing

Number Handwriting

Teaching brand new Kinders to write is always a challenge. We go through many steps to reach the point where what their writing is legible enough to read by others. We begin with names and letters, but we are also learning how to write numbers. I have always loved using the "Number Monsters” worksheets by Shirley Ross and Cindy McCord. I am lucky enough to have these worksheets because of my mentor teachers when I first started out. Here is a quick pic of what they look like.

I have had so much success with these little guys I decided to make a book for my students. Like, I said, this book is very old and not in print. If you are lucky enough to come across it, be prepared to pay a lot for it.
I always wished the book went up to 30 because I liked the template so much. So, I made my own! You can find them at TpT: Number Handwriting 0-30.
My unit does not use monsters. I still use the monsters for 1-10, but my own for higher numbers. By that time my students are ready to move on to new things. I don't want to bore them, so I use these worksheets as an introductions.


2 comments:

  1. Hello! Would you be willing to share your copies of the Number Monster worksheets? I have some, but not a complete set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan,
    I would definitely be willing to send you my copies. I have tried to purchase this book, and it is extremely rare and expensive. Send me your email and I will get a copy to you. My email is mrs.m.baldridge@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

09 10 01 09 10